Last year, Hasbro inducted five Transformers into the new Transformers Hall of Fame — Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream and Fan Choice Winner Dinobot. For 2011, Hasbro will induct four characters – Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and one other — possibly your favorite!
On April 13, the official Transformers website, Transformers.com will hold balloting for Transformers fans to choose the fourth character, and Hasbro has asked numerous fan outlets to choose who will appear on the ballot, just like last year. And just like last year, ASM wants to know your five top Transformers characters. We’ll tabulate the results and send them to Hasbro, where they’ll make the final results.
There are a few rules for this:
- You must list no more than FIVE Transformers, in alphabetical order. Any more than five will be discounted, so keep that in mind.
- Your choices MUST BE TRANSFORMERS CHARACTERS. No humans, humanoids, aliens, robots-who-aren’t-Transformers, Death’s Heads, etc. Gotta be Transformers.
- You can not choose any version of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Dinobot, Ironhide, Ratchet or Soundwave. For the sake of this poll, Optimus Primal from “Beast Wars” and “Beast Machines” IS a different character, since he has a different name. Megatron, however, is not allowed since he’s got the same name. Different character, same name = no can do, folks.
- Please refer to TF Wiki, http://www.tfwiki.net for naming conventions for characters with the same names in different continuities. For example, Prowl (G1) and Prowl (BW) are two separate characters and therefore would be counted as two ballot entries. Please use this naming scheme in your ballots to avoid confusion. In the case of multiple characters with the same names, it is up to the editors of ASM to make the final judgement. Most likely, they’ll toss them out. So, please do what you can to make it clear which characters you vote vore.
- It is the sole discretion of the editors of ASM to determine what ultimately will be counted in the final results being sent to Hasbro.
- Unlike other elections, if you’ve already nominated your choices on a different fan site, you can still nominate your choices here. Some call it “stuffing the ballot box”, we call it “exploring all options”.
To enter, please post a comment below or E-mail email@example.com with your five choices. Please include your full name and/or screen name. Only one entry per person per method, please.
You have until 11:59pm Eastern Time April 4 to get your entries in!